Semi-welded plate heat exchangers
This type is often used, as plate evaporators and condensers in cooling systems.
The semi-welded plate heat exchanger has a welded channel side and traditional gasketed channels side.
Two plates welded together with laser welding so that one side is almost gasketfree.
The semi-welded plate heat exchanger is therefore used, when gaskets are not suitable for one of the media. During process or operation with, for example ammonia, which is a more aggressive media towards gaskets, it is ideal to choose a semi-welded exchanger.
Nh3 can then flow in the welded channels - and the liquid brine / water etc. flows on the opposite but open gasket / product side.
We are experts in refurbishing the semi-welded plate / cassettes.
As mentioned, one side of the plate is closed and therefore requires correct handling during refurbisment.
Complete refurbished MK15BW
- Refurbished plate stack Titan 0.6 mm
- Clean, gasket change and pressure test
- Refurbished stand/ frame
- Covers sanded, repaired and painted
- Tightening bolts cleaned in threads and new protection tubes
- Flanges and stud bolts replaced
- Correct cleaning of plates / Cassettes
- Drying - welde side
- Original gaskets based on drawing number - original operating parameters
- Pressure test
- Complete refurbishment
- Service report and shipment